IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
We're Here to Help You: Prescription Risks and Nutrient Deficiencies
Posted on by Marc Isaacson, President, Village Green Apothecary
Did you know that many prescription medications cause nutrient deficiencies? In plants, you can tell the signs of nutrient deficiencies just by looking at the leaves. In humans, symptoms may show up as fatigue, discolored nails, lackluster or brittle hair, or in other ways. Prescription risks and nutrient deficiencies, often shown through symptoms such as these, are the precursors to future ill health. Prescription interactions are the fourth leading cause of emergency visits in the U.S. If you take a prescription, there are risks that can cause future conditions unless you know how to balance them. Many common medications can rob the body of vital vitamins and minerals, leading to numerous symptoms and future chronic conditions. Other prescriptions may have negative interactions with specific supplements, for example, a medication might need to be taken several hours before or after taking supplements to avoid interference with the medication’s absorption. Empowered with knowledge, you can make better-informed decisions and even balance out nutritional deficiencies, eliminating symptoms and future health risks. We have many resources to help you with your questions about prescriptions, including:
- Our full-service Pharmacy, where our pharmacists are trained in drug interactions and depletions.
- Our extensive, specialized Compounding Pharmacy, where we make customized Rx’s, nutrients and pet medications.
- IQYOU, a powerful and intelligent online personal health platform (it’s free!). After you enter your general health information (including your prescriptions), you can view your health risks, recommended supplements, nutrient interactions and depletions related to your prescriptions, and research and clinical studies on which this is based. You will also be offered the option of ordering a customized daily NutraPack to give you the nutrients you need.
- Nutrition advisors in-store and by phone.
- Ask-the-Expert access to nutrition advisors via the internet.
- Wellness consultations with one of our nutritionists, clinical herbalists, naturopathic doctors, or nurse practitioner.
- And for your unwanted or unused prescriptions, we have a safe medication disposal program through TakeAway™ Environmental Return System.
- Category_Health Concerns, Category_Nutritional Supplements, Category_Pharmacy & Compounding, iqyou, nutrient deficiencies, prescription
← Older Post Newer Post →
Humanized Health - NEW!
Learn about personalized health from top experts! Check out our fascinating new shows every week, available as videos, podcasts and transcripts.:
Paula is a highly qualified and experienced nutrition counselor on the staff at Village Green.
Margo's impressive knowledge base is the result of a unique blend of educational and professional experience.
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Barnard leads programs advocating for preventive medicine, good nutrition, and higher ethical standards in research.
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, ND is a pioneer of integrative medicine and a leading authority on science-based natural medicine.
Debi is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutrition, a personal trainer, and whole health coach.
Teri is a is a Certified Coach Practitioner with extensive certifications and experience in holistic medicinal practices.
Dr. Rav Ivker
Dr. Rav Ivker is a holistic family physician, health educator, and best-selling author.
Susan writes about the connection between plant-based diets and a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
Dr. Rob Brown
Dr. Brown's blended perspective of healthcare includes a deeply rooted passion for wellness and spiritual exploration.