The IgG (immunoglobulin G) food sensitivity test measures antibodies specific to 190 different antigenic food proteins that are common in Western, Asian, and Mediterranean diets. Because IgG reactions are a delayed hypersensitivity response in which symptoms appear anywhere from hours to days after eating the offending food, it can be difficult to pinpoint offending foods on your own. Fortunately, IgG Food Sensitivity Test can identify problematic foods so they can be eliminated or rotated in your diet. Elimination of IgG positive foods has been shown to improve a variety of health symptoms. This test also includes Candida testing. Candida overgrowth is associated with an inflammatory immune response.
Why this test is important:
- Research and clinical studies suggest food sensitivities identified by IgG testing can be a major contributing factor in many chronic health conditions.
- High IgG levels can help determine if food reactions are contributing to physical or mental symptoms.
- Removal of highly reactive foods from the diet is a non-invasive, food-based therapy that often mitigates a patient's symptoms.
- Food rotation and elimination diets can reduce stress on the immune system and support digestive health.
You should strongly consider testing if:
- A child or adult is experiencing a wide variety of chronic health symptoms such as headaches, diarrhea, constipation, fatigue, ADHD, depression, abdominal pain, dermatitis, hair loss, joint pain, acne, or sinus complaints.
- You have any vitamin deficiencies.
Dried Blood Spot (DBS)
Five full circles of dried blood are collected at home on the protein saver card. Detailed instructions will be sent to you with the test kit.
All tests are authorized and reviewed by a physician from our partner laboratory.Sample Test Report
Your results will be emailed to you 3-5 business days from receipt. You will also receive a brief analysis of your test results with general recommendations from a Village Green licensed nutritionist.
Email a Village Green nutritionist or call 800-869-9159.
Types of Lab Tests
Order lab tests online and learn valuable information about your health status in a timely and convenient manner. »