Lithium orotate 5 mg
Supports mental and behavioral health*
Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium. It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. Lithium has a long history of clinical use for supporting healthy mood and behavior. Mechanisms for this involve promoting dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitter activity. Lithium also plays a role in gene expression of natural detoxification enzymes in the brain, including glutathione-s-transferase (GST). This offers important neuron antioxidant protection, which may also contribute to healthy spatial memory. Lithium may support healthy brain receptor function and brain signaling cascades to maintain healthy mental function.*
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY BRAIN FUNCTION: Enhances Vitamin B12 and Folate transport to brain cells*
- MOOD SUPPORT: Lithium has historically been used to promote a healthy, balanced mood and behavior for men and women*
- ORGANIC SALT: Lithium is an alkali metal found in most rocks. In this supplement's formula, lithium is found in the form of an organic bioavailable salt bound to orotic acid, which supports the phosphoinositol pathway*
- DOES NOT CONTAIN: This product is free from coatings, binders, gluten (wheat, rye, barley)*, milk/dairy (casein, whey)*, soy protein*, egg protein*, and sugar*. *Verified by independent testing.
- 100% TESTED INGREDIENTS: Since 2007, the FDA has mandated that supplement manufacturers test their ingredients and products. However, it allows manufacturers to perform minimal testing called “skip lot testing” meaning only a fraction of the ingredients are tested. VITAL NUTRIENTS has always exceeded these testing requirements by performing hundreds of tests on all raw materials and finished products at certified U.S. labs, allowing us to minimize potential risk of harm to the consumer
Lithium has also been shown to enhance folate and B12 transport into L1210 brain cells. Since Vitamin B12 and folate support mood associated parameters, the stimulation of the transport of these vitamins into brain cells by Lithium may be cited as yet another mechanism for supporting mental and behavioral health using low nutritional dosage levels of Lithium.