From supporting immune function to reproductive health‚ zinc is an essential nutrient that plays a key role in your health. Zinc supports general wellness‚ promotes healthy connective tissue‚ and helps maintain eye and reproductive health.
If there were a super mineral‚ then zinc would be a contender. Zinc is an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions‚ and it plays a key role in growth‚ immune function‚ testosterone metabolism‚ and numerous other functions in your body.
f the body has trouble absorbing a nutrient‚ then it can't obtain the nutrient’s benefits. Thorne offers two highly absorbable forms of zinc: Zinc Picolinate and Zinc Bisglycinate. Zinc Picolinate is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid‚ which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. Zinc Bisglycinate is zinc that is bound to two molecules of the amino acid glycine – creating a true amino acid chelate.
Benefits of Thorne’s zinc supplement suite:
• Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to immune response
• Zinc promotes healthy skin and eyes
• Zinc supports the body's normal production of testosterone‚ a hormone essential for building lean muscle mass
• Zinc is essential for activating a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress
• Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.