Posted on by Paula Gallagher
With the overwhelming amount of nutritional supplements available on the market, it can be a confusing process figuring out which health products are the best for you. When it comes to choosing the most beneficial products, there are four important things to look for:
1. Quality ingredients
- Patented, trademarked ingredients (examples: Ester-C®, Suntheanine®)
- Vitamin and mineral forms that are highly absorbable (examples: calcium hydroxyapatite or calcium citrate, rather than calcium carbonate)
- Products that are free of wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, eggs, yeast, heavy metals, preservatives, and artificial colors or flavors
- Products that do not contain any unnecessary binders and fillers
3. Scientific Validation
- Ingredients and formulas demonstrated to be effective in clinical trials and research studies
- Independent third-party testing
4. Careful Manufacturing
- Meticulous quality assurance procedures followed
- Products tested to ensure proper breakdown by the body
Different supplement lines have different values regarding these four aspects of product quality. At Village Green Apothecary, it is our passion and commitment to provide our customers with premium products, and to this end, we created the Pathway line, which has over 120 single nutrient and combination formulas. Pathway products meet all of the criteria listed above – they are carefully formulated to contain the finest raw materials in forms that are well absorbed and assimilated into the body, as well as being 100% natural and hypoallergenic, designed with our customers’ health in mind.
Humanized Health - NEW!
Learn about personalized health from top experts! Check out our fascinating new shows every week, available as videos, podcasts and transcripts.:
Paula is a highly qualified and experienced nutrition counselor on the staff at Village Green.
Margo's impressive knowledge base is the result of a unique blend of educational and professional experience.
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Barnard leads programs advocating for preventive medicine, good nutrition, and higher ethical standards in research.
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, ND is a pioneer of integrative medicine and a leading authority on science-based natural medicine.
Debi is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutrition, a personal trainer, and whole health coach.
Teri is a is a Certified Coach Practitioner with extensive certifications and experience in holistic medicinal practices.
Dr. Rav Ivker
Dr. Rav Ivker is a holistic family physician, health educator, and best-selling author.
Susan writes about the connection between plant-based diets and a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
Dr. Rob Brown
Dr. Brown's blended perspective of healthcare includes a deeply rooted passion for wellness and spiritual exploration.