IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
Just How Green is Village Green?
At Village Green, we are committed to making sure our company maintains the lowest possible impact on our planet. We believe that small steps add up, and that everyone can help make a difference. To that end, we would like our friends and customers to know about some of the eco-friendly initiatives.
- We are one of the few facilities where customers can dispose of unwanted and expired drugs using the MedSafe™ medication disposal system. This is a safe, environmentally savvy way to keep over-the-counter and prescription medications from ending up in the Chesapeake Bay and other waterways. Learn more.
- We purchase 50% renewable energy to lessen the use of fossil fuels for electricity.
- We are proud to be a Green America "Gold" Certified Business.
- Village Green has been recognized by Montgomery County, Maryland as a Certified Green Business.
- We carry brands with eco-friendly programs of their own, including Nordic Naturals, Jarrow Formulas, MegaFood, Bluebonnet, Himalaya, Rainbow Light, Gaia, and Dr. Hauschka.
- Our staff nutritionists review all brands and products to be sure they are safe, and free of contaminants, pesticides, dyes, fillers, common allergens and other questionable ingredients that are found in low-quality supplements.
- Both our store and our nationwide mail-order service use recycled ink cartridges and recycled paper for printed materials, plus we re-use boxes and packing materials for shipping orders.
- Our store in Bethesda, MD is furnished with eco-friendly materials and energy saving lighting systems.
We deliver locally in our eco-friendly, fuel-efficient Smart Car.