- Perna is a Perna canaliculus (New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel) supplement that provides key building blocks to support the structural integrity and maintenance of joints, ligaments, and tendons.
- Perna canaliculus is an edible species of shellfish from New Zealand. Research over the past 20 years shows that the Perna mussel contains a combination of natural components that benefit joint dysfunction, which is not provided when these components are isolated.
Perna is rich in:
- Amino Acids (essential and non-essential) to support the growth and development of all body tissues
- Branched-chain amino acids (valine, isoleucine, and leucine) used to provide energy directly to muscle tissue
- Naturally chelated minerals (for maximum bioavailability) to support the production of collagen, GAGs, proteoglycans, antioxidants, enzyme activity, and to support bone and skeletal health
- Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids to support joint health, immune system function, skin health, and to help regulate metabolic functions
- Naturally occurring glucosamine to support the production of GAGs and integrity of the synovial fluid
- Chondroitin Sulfates and proteins that work together to regulate the immune response and to neutralize the effects of destructive proteolytic enzymes
- Chondroitin Sulfates to support comfort, improve joint lubrication, elasticity, and vasculature
- Hyaluronic Acid to enhance the production of proteoglycans, support synovial fluid, lubricate connective tissue cells, and to function as a lubricant between the connective tissues of the skin to retain moisture
Perna is recommended for:
- Supporting full range of motion
- Joint flexibility
- Joint lubrication
- Joint discomfort