Supports Visual Function and Macular Health
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin Softgel
- Clinically-Documented Eye Health and Support
- Concentrated In The Macula
- Oxidative Stress Protection
- Must Come From the Diet Like a Vitamin
- 20 Milligrams Lutein Per Serving
- Lutein as LuteinSorb® Delivers Fat-Soluble Free Lutein and Zeaxanthin in a Lipid Matrix for Greater Absorption.
What Does Lutein Do?
Lutein is an antioxidant carotenoid that occurs in nature with zeaxanthin, a closely related carotenoid. Lutein and zeaxanthin concentrate in the eye’s macula and lens, as well as in the brain, skin, breast and cervical tissues.* Both lutein and zeaxanthin protect the macula from degradation normally associated with aging and oxidative stress. The macula is responsible for focus and color differentiation. Lutein and zeaxanthin are found in dark green, leafy vegetables. While the average American intake of lutein is only 2 mg per day, other population groups consume up to 20 to 25 mg per day.
Jarrow Formulas® Lutein is extracted from marigold petals. Each softgel contains 20 mg lutein (net yield) as free lutein, the form found in the macula.*
Take 1 softgel per day with food or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
NOTE: If you have a medical condition, or are taking medications, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.