Heart Health Support
Paula Gallagher on
Many factors affect the health of your heart and your circulatory system, many of which are fortunately within our control - even if you have a family history of heart issues. The cardiovascular system consists of the heart and approximately 60,000 miles of blood vessels, called arteries and veins. The heart pumps blood around the body. The vessels nourish cells by transporting nutrients and waste products through the blood, around the body. Any interruption in blood supply, for example a heart attack or stroke, causes tissue death, so the maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular system is essential. Most cardiovascular disease occurs due to lifestyle factors such as:
- Obesity, poor nutrition, and medication usage
- Free radical damage due to environmental toxins or smoking
- Stress or poor emotional health
- Lack of exercise
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Consume a heart-friendly diet
- Stop smoking and limit your exposure to environmental toxins
- Use stress reduction techniques and improve your emotional health
- Make regular exercise part of your daily routine
- Supplement your diet with nutrients that support the heart, especially if you take medications that deplete essential nutrients
Humanized Health - NEW!
Learn about personalized health from top experts! Check out our fascinating new shows every week, available as videos, podcasts and transcripts.:
Paula is a highly qualified and experienced nutrition counselor on the staff at Village Green.
Margo's impressive knowledge base is the result of a unique blend of educational and professional experience.
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Barnard leads programs advocating for preventive medicine, good nutrition, and higher ethical standards in research.
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, ND is a pioneer of integrative medicine and a leading authority on science-based natural medicine.
Debi is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutrition, a personal trainer, and whole health coach.
Teri is a is a Certified Coach Practitioner with extensive certifications and experience in holistic medicinal practices.
Dr. Rav Ivker
Dr. Rav Ivker is a holistic family physician, health educator, and best-selling author.
Susan writes about the connection between plant-based diets and a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
Dr. Rob Brown
Dr. Brown's blended perspective of healthcare includes a deeply rooted passion for wellness and spiritual exploration.