Did you know that Village Green Apothecary has safely provided prescription drugs for over 50 years? And compounding is a big part of that. Our compound pharmacy
specializes in custom compounding of vitamins, minerals and prescription drugs. Individualized compounds are prepared on orders from a nutritionist or physician, like a regular prescription, and offer several distinct advantages over mass-produced bottled products.
One of the most important aspects of Village Green is our pharmacists’ depth of knowledge. They know a lot about nutrition and holistic medicine, drug-nutrient interactions and drug-herb interactions.
They can also advise you about nutrient depletions related to particular drugs, including side effects that can be mitigated by replacing key nutrients in the body that certain drugs deplete.
What can our compound pharmacy provide?
Mass-produced medicine isn’t for everyone, and often pre-packaged dosage amounts and/or forms are not suitable for specific patient needs. Custom compounding can provide accurate, tailor-made dosages, and customized ingredients and strengths, so that a compound can be made to fit the need of any patient.
A compound pharmacy has the unique ability to combine several pills into one, or change the form from a pill to a cream or liquid .
Through our compound pharmacy, we have superior flexibility in how medications and nutritional elements are prepared and packaged.
Most compounding pharmacies handle drugs, fewer handle nutrition solutions, and only a handful like Village Green Apothecary have the specially trained pharmacists that handle BOTH nutrition and drugs – including the knowledge of drug-nutrient depletions and interactions.
Who can prescribe compounds?
Some physicians who regularly prescribe individualized compounds include OB/GYNs, family care doctors, allergists, pediatricians and dermatologists. Veterinarians also use custom compounds for their pet patients.
What are compounds typically used for?
– Your current selection of vitamins and minerals can be compounded and simplified into just the right dosage and your preferred form (capsule, lozenge, liquid, cream, etc.).
– Your needs may require a compounded prescription free of dyes, preservatives and other allergens, in a custom strength or dose, and the best form for you.
– Formulas can be tailored for pain and nausea, plus anti-inflammatory preparations for topical use.
– Patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and also ADHD, have special nutritional and pharmaceutical needs. Compounded therapies may be helpful in decreasing symptoms.
- Customized targeted nutrient blends can be formulated for patients based on results from unique brain chemistry testing
. This form of advanced nutrient therapy can be very effective at supporting a wide range of mental health concerns.
– Topical and oral medications to treat acne, scars, psoriasis, eczema and other conditions can be individually tailored with precise medication dosages.
– Most new drugs on the market are manufactured for adults and not children; compounded medications can be made sugar-free, dye-free, modified for taste, or placed in child-sized capsules.
– Use a custom compound to make medications easier to administer, provide the proper dosage for a specific animal, and make it more palatable.
What sets Village Green's compound pharmacy apart?
Our compounding pharmacy's staff is extremely knowledgeable. Ron Keech, our lead compounding pharmacist, has an expertise in pediatric compounds, many of which have helped seriously ill children going through transplant surgery, suffering from autism, and other debilitating conditions. He also has extensive experience with nutritional compounds that have helped many people who have needed specific combinations of nutrients. Ron particularly enjoys the personal service involved with helping people address their unique health issues.
How do I learn more?
Our expert team at Village Green is here to help! Contact us
to learn more or to speak with someone in the compounding pharmacy. We look forward to hearing from you!
Photo from here, with thanks.